Friday, January 25, 2008

Random Update....

Happy Friday Everyone! This week has kind of dragged on...which is strange since I had Monday off and all, but still. I am glad it is Friday. It's been a few days since I have posted...or maybe more than a few days. It's interesting since sometimes I am in a post numerous times a day mood...and sometimes, I don't feel the need to post for a week or so.

************************************

I have seen people post all about Heath Ledger dying all over the internet. I think it's tragic and horrible...just like everyone else (except for that jerk on Fox News Radio...who said Heath died because God is punishing him for playing a gay cowboy. *grumbles*), but I am not going to speculate about how he died...what happened, etc. I feel so sorry for his family who have to go through this while the paparazzi and news media are in their face 24/7. I can't imagine how horrible that must be. His ex-fiance returned to NY with their daughter and instead of being able to come home in peace...she came home to a flood of cameras and microphones. That's a shame. But, it's how society works...and I will admit it...when I see a new article on the internet about the story, I click on it and read it. So, I hate it...but I am also part of the problem. So sad...really. Star Jones...who I actually loathe...wrote a great article about it. I hate to agree with her, but well...I do. That's all I will have to say on the subject because even though he was a celebrity...I didn't know the man, I doubt you did either. And in the grand scheme of things...my opinions on someone else's tragedy just don't really matter now do they???

************************************

Speaking of my mom...I have been dreaming a lot lately. Well, I imagine I always dream this much, but I have been remembering them more. She's been present in my dreams lately...and it's been nice. I have been dreaming about family adventures and the whole family is there...mom...dad...my brother, etc. What is particularly nice is that it just seems normal that she is there. It could be a dream that we are all going grocery shoppping and she is just part of the family group. I like it...and there isn't any sadness about it. So, I hope these kind of dreams continue...so I can continue to have warm family moments with her...if only in my dreams.

************************************

I don't know if I have mentioned it before...I probably have, but I am interested in running a 5 mile race in the end of March. Ok, let's be clear...I want to jog a 5 mile race. I have never been a great runner...even though I can run on my elliptical machine forever. So, it's a goal I have....to continue training and be ready by March. I have gone out and jogged around my neighborhood and what not...in hopes of building up my tolerance. So far...it is jog some...walk some...jog some...walk some. Each time, I build up a little more of the jog time. The race is in the winter time, so I am running outside...I figure, I have to get used to it, eh? It does make it hard because sometimes it is just too cold to run. I really wanted to go out for a jog on Monday since I had the day off work...but it was so cold...only in the single digits. I don't have access to a treadmill...so when the outside doesn't work with me, I am stuck. Tomorrow though...it's on. I am going to jog/walk from my apartment to my dad's house...which is just over 4 miles. I don't care if it is cold. I don't care if it is snowing like nuts. I am going! Wish me luck!

Alright...that's it for now. See, I don't update all the time, but then when I do...I give ya more than just a line here or there.

Labels: , , , , , , ,