Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in NY...

Hey everyone...and by everyone...I mean the 4 people who read here. lol I am officially back in cold, snowy NY. My dad and I left warm, sunny Florida at 4:30am on Friday. My brother gets up for work anyways at 4am, so he got to see us off. I wish we lived closer to one another...because I would love to see him and the family more often. And that nephew of mine...did I mention he is the cutest person on the planet. I'll post later a bunch of things that I think are adorable about him....

Dad and I drove through the day on Friday and got smacked with rain in Northern Virgina, so we stopped....we were going to stop anyways. We stayed at a hotel that was way expensive...but with the high price tag, it came with some nice perks. It was a beautiful room...nice big towels...a mini fridge...a microwave...a fitness center. I'll be honest, I am most excited about the fitness center. All I had done all day is sit on my booty....so I was glad to give it some exercise. So, I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes or so. Then...I watched some TV (I watched Elf on the Sci-Fi Channel...umm, why is Elf sci-fi, even in the slightest)...and headed to bed.

Dad wanted to leave at like 6am...I nixed that. I wanted to workout in the morning before we left. So, 7am was the decided time. I got up at 5:45am...ran down to the car...got my workout clothes on...ran on the elliptical for 30 minutes...jumped in the shower...got dressed...packed my stuff...drank down my breakfast...and was ready to go at 7am.

We made great time...and we were home just a smidge after 2pm. I ran some errands...came home...made dinner...did a load of laundry and now I am just vegging in front of the tv for the evening. I imagine I will be in bed early...and catch up on some zzzzs.

I loved being in Florida...spending time with my brother, his kick ass wife and of course...the adorable nephew. If I won the lottery, I would spend a lot more time with them...since it is just constant fun. I wish I could have stayed longer. I am happy to be home, but I still want to be there. I know that makes no sense, but it does to me.

I hope everyone had a great holiday...and a wonderful new year coming up. Hugs to all...and to all a good night.

Labels: , , , ,