Friday, January 11, 2008

politics is personal....

If you know me, you know that the personal is always with me. I am starting to get worked up about the political shananigans coming this year. There are so many issues which are close to my heart...healthcare...the war...poverty...women's rights...the environment. Hmmpf, my heart desperately wanted Al Gore to run for President, but well...he wasn't taking my calls and didn't get to hear my desperate plea.

I am always looking for small and big ways to get involved in political issues. I know that I can't change the world overnight, but I can do little things that make a difference. One thing I like to do is look at where I shop. I will admit to shopping at Wal-Mart, but I don't like it. I look to support local farmers and businesses. I also like to buy from companies which support environmental efforts.

Greenandmore.com is definitely one of those companies I would purchase from. They sell eco products and common household items as well. By purchasing from them, I am buying something that is made in an economically friendly way and that brings my heart joy. But, that isn't the only good thing about it. The company also supports environmental charities with the purchase of their products. And, they walk the walk...they aren't just talk. They follow environmental standards concerning recycling, not using plastic products, using 100% recycled cardboard, etc. I might pay a little bit more for something, but I sure would feel good about it.

Another thing I found on their site which is pretty cool is they have an environmental learning center. I believe in global warming and think climate control is a huge issue, but I know that I need to know more. My knowledge is only the tip of the iceberg. The site has tons of links to educational material. They don't seem like a company just out to make money. They seem like a company interesting in truly making a difference.

Ah, this post just makes me miss Al Gore more. Why won't he just be my President??

Labels: , , ,