Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Busy day all around...

I had a full day yesterday...I started out with a workout before work...spent 25 minutes on the elliptical. Then, I worked a full day...and also went for 2 power walks outside during the day since I was constantly looking for an excuse to be outside in the sun. Then after work, I went to the Y with my mentee to workout for a little bit. We went on the treadmill and the bikes...and played around with the weights a little bit. She seemed to have a really good time. When I got home, I immediately made dinner because I was STARVING! And then I was out the door again...I had to pick up a replacement part for my computer at my dad's...and then go to the store to pick up some items to make brownies. Yep, I came home...and whipped up a batch of brownies to take to work with me. Today is Administrative Professionals Day, so I wanted to do something nice for the support staff...who keep us sane at work. The brownies are yummy good...and it's 10am and the pan is almost gone, so I think it went over well. Then, I made my lunch for tomorrow...and watched a little of Hell's Kitchen (complete guilty pleasure) before heading to bed.

I think my mentee had a good time working out at the Y. I hadn't been there in so long. I let my membership go a few months back...because I just wasn't using it and I have enough workout equipment at home. It was nice to have all those machines to choose from though. The mentoring program has a deal with the Y, so I can go there with my mentee for free...and so I think we'll go at least a couple times a month. I like that my mentee wants to do active things. She mentioned that she liked hiking...so, I'll plan to do some of that when the weather is right for it. The local girl scouts have horse back riding too...and I think they have a whole course on it. I can remember doing it as a kid. You learn how to clean/brush the horse, how to put on their saddles, how to mount them, how to feed them, the correct way to ride, etc. I can remember loving that when I was a kid. I am not sure if you need to be a Girl Scout to do it, but I am definitely going to look into it. My mentee seems to be game for just about anything...so, I am going to enjoy doing some active things with her..especially in the spring and summer.

Labels: , , , , ,