Saturday, March 22, 2008

Run, run, run....

Happy Saturday all....

This week seemed to fly right by...unlike last week that seemed to snail along. Who knows what the difference was.

I went for my standard run today...and for the last couple of weeks, I have cut my runs short. This week, no matter what...I was going to run the 5 miles. I made sure to eat enough before I headed out (which was my mistake last time). I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast...and then had an english muffin with PB and a banana right before the run. It kept me fueled and full for the entire run.

This run was important to me...because it was the last big run before the race next weekend. I am excited...and also getting nervous. It's going to be fun though. I'm not a fast runner at all, but I can't wait to cross that finish line...even if I am the last person to do it. I am just proud that I set a goal...and then attacked it.

Or another thing I am proud of...is my semi-good computer skills. lol My roomie got a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, so she connected to the wireless router. Ever since she did that...my computer was connecting to the computer super slow. It was driving me nuts last weekend...every page was taking 1-2 minutes to load. I was NOT having it.

So, I started trouble shooting. The first thing I did was run a virus check on my computer. It does it daily, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't a trojan slowing up my machine. No viruses. Then, I updated my spyware software...and ran that again. I also downloaded a program my brother told me about...that really cleans your computer of any bugs. I was following command prompt after command prompt as I was running all these cleaning programs. It didn't find a lot...and it didn't help my internet connection run any faster.

Now, what I did 3rd is probably what I should have done first...since I thought it would probably fix it. I figured the virus checks and the spyware removal was good for my computer anyways. What actually fixed the problem...was unplugging the modem and router...and leaving them off for 5 minutes and then booting them back up. See...half of all computer trouble shooting is turning something off and turning it back on. I think the router I have is kind of crap, but well...they are expensive, so I am not looking to replace it...but it does mean it needs to be rebooted every few months.

I am glad I know a few things about computers...because if I had to call someone for help...I wouldn't have gotten any real help. Who do I call? The cable company? Dell? The router retailer? The modem retailer? And of course...each company you call...will tell you it is someone else's issue. Luckily, if I do get stuck...my brother is a mad genius when it comes to trouble shooting computers, so instead of calling the companies...I call him.

Anyways...enough babbling. I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday...and if you celebrate Easter, have a fabulous one. Hugs all.

Labels: , , , ,