Thursday, March 20, 2008

2008 Goals Review...how am I doing?

Since it's the first day of Spring and all....I thought I would take a moment and go over my goals for 2008 and see how I am doing. Without even looking at what I wrote down, I think I am doing pretty well...but we'll see. It seems like a good time to take stock and see if I am getting there...or if there is anything else I should be adding, etc.

Goal #1: Fitness Goals. I said I wanted to ramp up my exercise, run a 5K and figure out how to maintain my weight.

I think I'm doing smashingly well in terms of my fitness goals so far. I have ramped up my exercise. I am doing a bunch of different things for fitness. I am averaging 5-6 workouts per week. I am doing 1-2 of weight training per week, 2 days of elliptical training and 2 days of running/jogging. So, I am getting a lot of different stuff...and making sure I don't slack.

I'm not running a 5K...I'm running a 5 mile race. I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle this year. It's not until the end of the month, but my training is going well. I've run over 5 miles on most weekends...and honestly, I can't wait for the race. Good times, good times. I'm a slow runner...or a jogger to be honest, but I don't care...I'm gonna finish the race and that's what matters.

I am slowly figuring out maintenance. I started transitioning out of the "losing weight" section about a month ago...and even though I am still losing, it's going well. Heck, I am doing better than I ever have before. My usual pattern was to start gaining again almost immediately after I stopped losing. Not this time!

Goal #2: Organizing My Life

I could be doing better at this. I started off gangbusters, but I have lost my motivation. The apartment isn't as clean as I would like it to be....and as clean as it needs to be. And, my office is often a messy well...mess. I am gonna hunker down and make a plan...and stick to it! And I MEAN IT this time!

Goal #3: Being More Active In Church

This one I am doing really well at...I've made my Lentin commitment...and joined a fellowship committee. I am really enjoying my increased commitment to the church. For a long time, I went because it was important to my mother...even after she passed away...I felt I was going for her. Now, I feel more and more that I am going for me. It's been a great change and I am glad I made it one of my 2008 goals. It was the push I needed.

Goal #4: Expand My Wardrode

I've done well at this too...I have been buying new things slowly, but surely. I definitely need to continue to add though. I bought a new pair of pants this week, but I need to buy more. Most of my work pants don't fit anymore...so I am wearing the same 2 or 3 pants each week. It's exciting though...getting new things. I am still hitting the sales and clearance racks because even though I need new clothes...I am still as cheap as cheap can be.

Goal #5: Continue Saving Money
This is something I always do...some people have a hard time saving money, I have a hard time spending it. I've made a Xmas fund...and I put some money in it each and every month. I am starting another saving acct to plan a trip to Florida too. I am just going to plan the trip...I've come to the decision that going with friends probably just isn't going to work out...so, I am going to see about planning a trip and going, even if it is just me. It's funny...when you log onto my savings accounts...I have like 5 or 6 of them. That's a good thing though...

So there is my goals...other than the organization one, I am doing really well. I completely forgot about the organization one too...so, I am glad I spent the time looking at it and reviewing where I am. All in all...2008 is shaping up pretty well.

Let's see...do I have anything to add? Well, one thing...I am going to add spending more time with friends and making plans to see friends who live out of town. I haven't seen my friends as much as I would like. I have a college friend in Vermont I haven't seen in a few years...and another friend who lives in Mass that I haven't seen in forever. So, I am going to plan some weekend trips and what not. I also am reconnecting with some friends who live in town...an old friend from HS and another friend from the video store that I haven't seen in a while. I figure...it doesn't take a lot of time and effort to see the people who you value and are important in your life...so, I am going to do that. I consider myself a good friend...but I wanna make sure I show it. So...there is my only other goal.

Hugs all...and I hope everyone is having a great 2008 so far!