Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter is upon us....

It's January 15th, eh? And this is the first day of real winter...luckily I had the day off work since I didn't have to get out and to work in it. It wasn't snow...I would have much preferred snow...it was freezing rain and a lot of ice. My car was covered with a thick coat of ice...completely covered. It took me about an hour to get my car drivable. Once I got out of the roads...it wasn't bad, but lord...I can't even image trying to do that at 7:30am when I am usually leaving for work. Tonight we are supposed to get more freezing rain, so maybe I will have to be doing that tomorrow morning!

Even with the complaining...I am not upset by bad weather in January. In fact, I have really missed winter this winter season. I missed the snow and the ice and all that it brings....yes, it is a pain in the ass, but well...is it winter without it? I have never lived somewhere without a pretty intense winter season and to be honest, I don't think I would want to. My brother moved to Florida..after living in Buffalo...and he said the lack of winter was hard to adjust to. And upon thinking about it...if I had to pick...having a winter season or a hurricane season...I would pick winter time and time again.

Ok...enough about winter.



Season 6 of 24 premiered last night! Whoo hoo! It's definitely a different take on the same show. Jack Bauer is in a place where he has never been before....and goes from being tortured and in captivity to fight terrorism in about 20 minutes. Is it realistic? Nope...not really...but good lord, it is entertaining to watch. Plus...for all those hardcore fans out there...they have to be just as excited as I am to see that Milo from Season one is back!! I saw his name on the credits and was so very excited.

What I find most interesting about 24 this season...is that they start with terrorism in full swing. In most, if not all seasons...the season is based on stopping a big terrorist plot. Jack and the crew spend about 23 of the 24 hours running around to stop some big bad from unleashing on LA or somewhere else in the US of A. But this time...the show starts with bombs going off in shopping malls and on buses. CTU is not saving the US from attacks...it's just hoping to stop them from continuing. It's a really interesting...and in my mind...more realistic look at fighting terror. These men and women are knee deep in it already...long before Jack Bauer ever walks off that plane.

I can tell...it's going to be an interesting season. I saw Kiefer on a TV show today while catching up on the stuff that is on Tivo...and he said that the past 5 seasons have been about Jack running around to save the US...and this season he ends up running around to save himself. Hmmm....gotta say...as I am every season...I am so intrigued.

P.S. 24 is on again tonight....from 8-10pm. Four hours of 24 in two days....that's sweet!

Labels: