Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Quote

Since today is Martin Luther King Jr Day...and luckily I have the day off...so I thought I would share a favorite quote of his:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."


Rosie O'Donnell mentioned it today on The View....and I remembered the first time I read and heard it when I was in college. It very much speaks to mcuh of why I am...why being a social worker is so important to me. To me, it is so crucial that we stand up and fight against what we believe is wrong. It's easier...it's safer...it's more comfortable to just stay seated and hope that someone else stands up and does something...and then applaud them for their fight, etc.

Having said that...I have much less fight than I used to...politically. I have gotten caught up in the day to day and the "spirit" or "fight" just doesn't exist much anymore. I really know that I need to get more involved...especially given the state of the country and the world right now.

Labels: