Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Insomnia Woes....

I didn't get my workout in yesterday...which kind of upsets me. I have figured out part of my problem...by the time I leave work at about 4 or 4:30pm...I am really hungry...and therefore...immediately want to eat something or eat an early dinner when I get home. I am hungry enough that the idea of working out...nope...just isn't an option. And then once I workout...then I fill full and not like getting up on an elliptical machine. So...no workout yesterday...grr!

And so after dinner...I watched TV and was exhausted...I was lying down on the couch and basically falling asleep. It was 8pm and I could barely keep my eyes open. I thought about just going to bed, but my roomie had an interview with a new place...and so I wanted to chat with her about how it went. And..it just seemed ridiculous to go to bed at 8pm. Silly I know.

So...roomie got home...talked about our days...and then about 11pm I ended up going to bed. I was tired...so I thought I would fall right asleep. I turned on the TV (cause I need some noise to fall asleep and not focus on all the little noises and have them keep me awake)....and so I ended up clicking on C-SPAN.

I know...most people would probably be put asleep by the C-SPAN, but I am a political junkie, so I was intrigued. It was a press conference from Ted Kennedy...and it was really interesting. He spoke of the Democratic agenda in the House and the Senate...and his thoughts about the Iraq war and his comments about the speech that Bush is going to make this evening. And you know what...Ted Kennedy isn't as crazy as he used to be. I think he has cut back or quit the drinking...cause well...he doesn't have the big, bloated, red, "I've been drinking too much" head anymore. And shockingly...Ted now makes a lot of sense when he talks. He's still a little crazy, but well...sometimes you need crazy. Even with all of Ted's political history...it's a real gift to have someone who has been in the Senate for 40 years....he knows the history because he lived it...he knows what the country and govt. went through during the Vietnam War...because he lived it. Anyways...so I watched Ted Kennedy on TV for close to an hour. I was exhausted, but I just couldn't turn it off.

So...Ted was done talking and phew...cause I was tired. It was about midnight at this point. So...I did a quick clicking around to find something else to make noise and then I would fall asleep. Uh oh. I found Larry King Live and his hour long show was all about 24. Kiefer was there...a bunch of the other actors. So yep...if I can't turn off the TV when Ted Kennedy is on...you can bet the same is true with Kiefer and anything 24 related. I watched it...it was interesting.

Now it's 1am...and remember when I was exhausted at 8pm...and now it is 1am. How does this happen? I know how this happens...I don't allow myself to sleep because I am watching the gosh darn tv. So at 1am..I flip over to Comedy Central and watch the Daily Show while I drift off to sleep.

Tonight..I swear...I am going to be in bed early. If it's 8pm and I am falling asleep...I'm going to bed. No more of this not sleeping...especially since I completely did it to myself last night.

Wish me all a good night's sleep...will ya?

Labels: ,