Thursday, January 18, 2007

random sick day observations....

I didn't end up going to work yesterday...I woke up with quite a headache and then decided that work didn't really need to see me. It was nice to just take some meds and fall asleep for most of the morning.

Secondly...yesterday was the coldest it has been all season. When I woke up and thought I might go to work...I was watching the news and they said that the temperature was 3 degrees...and sometimes it dropped to 2 degrees. Brrr! It was a nice day to stay inside and just bundle up with my many blankets.

Third...I thought I would go in for a couple of hours later in the afternoon...so I got dressed, went out to start the car and the coldness was intense...so intense that my nose started to bleed (my nose was already very very dry)...so, I decided against going in to work...and just put my jammies back on and went back to bed.

Fourth...in the morning when I woke up...the TV was on and it was on Maury. (No, I wasn't watching Maury...I swear...I mean it...Nope, I wasn't!). The funny thing is the tagline for the show. It was summing up one of the storylines. They were bringing in their lovers, boyfriends and husbands...and giving them lie detectors to see if they were in fact cheating. So, what was the tagline for this show? Wait for it...wait for it:

"Did my man cheat because I only have one leg??"

Yep...that's right...that is the tagline in big bold letters on the side of the screen...making sure we know exactly what kind of trash we are watching. *rolls eyes*

Fifth....my headache didn't stop me from watching American Idol...on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's a horribly trashy show, but I can't help myself. I love watching the people that think they can sing...but well, they can't. This morning on Good Morning America...they were reporting on AI and that people are saying this year is the meanest, most horrible season yet. Maybe it is...I know some parts were really bad and made me feel for the person. It was rough, especially for the people who had really sweet stories...and then they were followed up by them singing badly and having their dreams shattered. But still...some were HILARIOUS!! The woman with bleached blonde hair, a metallic shirt on, no bra, boobs that hung down to her belly button...and then went on to sing, "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was HOT like ME? Dontcha??" I don't care if it means I have no soul...that's funny.

Anyways...GMA was guessing why people flock to seeing people humiliated. And embarassingly enough, I am one of those people. I know I wouldn't watch if it was just people singing well. *yawns* Boring! I like seeing the train wreck that is the first few weeks of American Idol. I think it all goes back to that juvenile sense about us...when we were in middle school and would laugh when that dorky girl tripped and spilled her tray in the cafeteria. We would all like to think that we have matured and grown up, but I think AI just shows us...that maybe we haven't.

Alright...enough observations...back to work for me...since I skipped and all yesterday.

Labels: ,