Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday report....

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

I can't believe I haven't updated since Tuesday...I kept meaning to, but then I didn't. So, for today...I will do a bunch of mini-updates.

I think my roomie is feeling better...or at least that's what she says in email. I work days and she works nights, so I don't actually see her until the weekend comes around. She says her voice is still shot, but she is working towards being healthy again. That's great...and what else is great is that to this point...I have not gotten sick. *knocking on wood* The only thing that really happened...is that the constant washing of my hands...has left them super dry and I have a heat rash that has broken out on one of my hands from the constant washing in hot water. I'll survive though...and I am moisturizing like a mo'fo.

I did my taxes this week. I e-filed, so it doesn't take much effort...just entered all the info in the little boxes and clicked send. I am supposed to get my money back sometime next week. I plan on just using the money to pay off more school loans and what not, so nothing exciting...but I feel good having them done.

I had a good day at work yesterday. A client I haven't seen in about 2 years came to the office to say hello and catch up. He wasn't doing so well for a while, so it was great to see him...and see him doing well. It put a big huge smile on my face to see him walk into the office. Sometimes...the work I do can get overwhelming. The success stories are few and far between...so, it's nice to see someone on the right path, no matter how long or what it took for him to get himself there. It left me in a cheery mood on Friday.

And now...I am hoping to get my Saturday run in. It snowed yesterday, but it's stopped now. I hope the roads are safe enough because I would be really sad to not have my run. Today, I am going to run the 5 miles again, but I am also going to work on my speed. I think I am going to do some interval training. I am going to run my normal jogging speed for 4 minutes and then sprint for the 5th minute...then run for another 4 minutes...then sprint. I hope that will help me pick up my speed over the entire run...and keep me going for the whole five miles. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Alright...I'm off to start my Saturday. I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Labels: , , , , , ,