Tuesday, February 19, 2008

For a Year???



Do you see the picture of a yummy veggie pie above? Just looking at it makes my mouth water. Mmmm......

I love pizza...there is something about it...the perfect marriage of the dough and cheese and yummy toppings. That feeling on your lap when you pick up a warm pizza...when you are waiting to get it home in the car. The steam that comes off a hot pizza when you open the box lid. How the smell of tomato quickly fills the room. How a slice tastes the next morning when you eat it cold or reheat it in the toaster oven.

Yep...I love pizza. Pizza and I have a very special relationship. A relationship that has gotten and kept me fat for a long time. Is it all pizza's fault? Nope, but it definitely helped. I can remember eating a whole pizza once all by myself... I can remember having a bad day and knowing that noshing away on some pizza would make it all better...

I haven't had a slice of pizza since mid-September...when I started my new diet. I've wanted pizza...had pizza in front of me..but, I've said no. I also gave up pizza for Lent too...as I always do. That brings me up until March 23rd....pizza-less.

After Lent, it will have been 6 months since a slice of yummilicious pizza crossed my lips. 6 months??? Who would have thunk it? So, I am thinking something crazy...

Why not 6 more months??? I am thinking of not having pizza for a whole year. That seems like a really long time, but in reality...it's not that long. I've already got 5 months in...I am almost halfway there. I am pretty sure I can do it...if I stop looking at that yummy pic above. LOL

Labels: ,