Monday, February 18, 2008

Phew...

Oh...one more thing. I adore my swanky laptop (as I am writing on it right now)...and I am so glad I bought it. However, it has been being cranky lately...well, the DVD burner is being cranky.

Sometimes it works just fine...and sometimes it won't read the DVD and just sit there and hums at me. When I got my weekly Netflix movies last week...I had to restart my computer 4 or 5 times in order to get it to work. That was not something I was liking...especially since this laptop is so new.

So, I emailed Dell last night...and told them about the problem. They emailed back and asked me to do a few things and try to solve the problem. I did those things and it didn't solve the problem. So, I emailed them back...and said the fixes were a no go.

They emailed back this morning...and said they were sending a replacement drive. Whoo hoo. Now, I just have to figure out how to get the old one out...and the new one in. I think I can do it myself, but if not...my dad will probably help me...and if can't figure it out...I can pay some computer guy a couple of bucks and have them do it for me.

A new DVD drive is in the mail...as we speak...and that's awesome.

Labels: