Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Writers Return and Politics as Usual....

I am happy to report that the writer's strike is officially over and they are heading back to work this morning. Thank goodness because they have been on strike since Nov. 5th and of course, as a result...TV has basically been driven to a halt. I haven't read what the actual terms were, but I imagine they were favorable to the writers or they wouldn't have come back. I am looking forward to seeing the Oscars, new episodes of Grey's Anatomy, The Office, etc. 24 still won't come back until the 2009 season, but at least now we now that Jack Bauer will be back at some point. And, tonight's episode of The Daily Show will be back full force with their writers and that should be entertaining to watch. Yeah for having writers...and being able to have more to watch than an array of reality TV!

And politics...it saddens me to report that things look dismal for Hillary Clinton's campaign. Barack Obama is just winning too much all over the place. He has won the last nine primary states...including the most recent in MD, VA and DC. The Clinton camp said they didn't expect to win those, which surprised me...because she is such a DC person...as a powerful Junior Senator and as the former First Lady. Clinton says that her campaign is in good shape (what else is she going to say...puh lease) and that when she wins Texas and Ohio things will be heading towards victory, but at this point...I just don't think that is going to happen. It's sad for me because I think that Hillary Clinton is the most qualified person to be President. She's a strong, smart politician and she has proven she can get things done. I like Barack...but I don't think he has the experience to show he can handle the country's most important job. He talks a great talk...I just hope he can put that talk into action. I also support Hillary because of her intensive focus on health care. It's HER issue, so I am more confident she will keep going even if it is a tough battle (which it is going to be). I worry that when the going gets tough...Obama might not keep going and fight through to victory. I've been without healthcare and I see the effects it has had daily on clients I work with...so, I desperately want a President who is going to make it a priority. I know Hillary would do that, I only hope that Barack would.

The weather is crazy this morning...so my office is quiet and quiet can be, which I will be honest...is nice.

Labels: , , ,