Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Weigh-In and all that jazz....

Hey there internet....it's Monday morning and here I am...posting as usual.

It's flippin' cold in Upstate, NY this morning...the weather guy said it was 9 degrees this morning with a windchill in the negative numbers. I was a happy girl to have my swanky, new electric blanket last night. I didn't leave it on all night, but when I woke up a little early...I popped it back on and went back to sleep until my alarm went off. The beep, beep, beep went off...and I woke up in a nice, toasty bed. The only downside...it made me really NOT want to get up and get out of bed. My toes did not want to step into that cold room and apartment. But well, I survived!

It's Monday, so it's an official weigh-in day. I am a daily weigher, so usually...my weight is not a surprise. This week was a smidge different though. My weight was holding steady at no loss for most of the week and showing an inconsistent 1 lb loss on Saturday and Sunday(If I stepped on a couple of times, it wouldn't always show the pound, etc). So, I didn't know what the scale would say on Monday morning. If I didn't lose...or it was the one pound, I would be okay with both. I know the pounds are going to be harder to come off now because I am basically at my goal weight...with a few problem areas I would still like to widdle away.

So, I got up this morning...after I forced myself out of my warm bed. I went to the bathroom...and stepped on the scale. I checked again to see if a second stepping would get the same result. I did. So, it's official...I lost 2 lbs this week. I got more than I thought I would, so yeah...I am pretty happy about that. I have lost 65 lbs in total...not too shabby, eh? And I swear...if I can do it, anyone can....and I wholeheartedly mean that.

On Friday, I am starting my transition program. I have said before that I know how to lose weight (you put the work in...you get the results) and I know how to gain weight (you put the food in..and sadly, get the results), but maintaining my weight...I have never figured that out. I am at that point now...where I am starting to venture into figuring it all out. I feel prepared and ready...and it is still scary, but I don't feel as paralyzingly terrified as I used to. I still think I will lose a few lbs in the first few weeks of transition, but hopefully it will all even out. I am going to set a weight range...and as long as I am within that range, life is good...if I go below that range...gotta make some adjustments...if I go above that range...gotta make some adjustments.

Hugs to you all...and if it is as cold out there in your neck of the woods as it is here, stay warm!!!

Labels: , , ,