Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Check-In on my 2008 Goals!

Alright...it's already February, so I thought I would do a status check on how I am doing on my 2008 goals. I copied a bunch of what I wrote in that entry here...and then I will put how I am doing so far in bold under it, mkay?

2008 Goals
1. Fitness
*I would like to ramp up my exercise even one more notch. I want to keep doing the cardio (with my rusty trusty elliptical) and also do a lot of circuit training to tone and shape what I've got.
*I want to run a 5K. I put that as a goal last year...and I walked a 5K, so I thought...good enough. Not good enough. I want to run one. We have a local runners club here and they have 5Ks throughout the year...so, I want to sign up for one. There is one in March...and I might sign up for that one to push myself to be ready by then. I won't like training and working up to it in the cold, but I'll survive!
*A fitness goal I have...is to figure out how to maintain my weight. I have had success at losing weight and gaining weight, but staying the same weight...that is such a mystery to me. So, I want to maintain my weight...and plan on giving myself a reward for each month I maintain my loss...once I am done losing.
So far, so good. I am still working out on my elliptical...doing strength training more than I was in 2007 and I set the goal for running not a 5K, but a 5 mile race in March. I still need to figure out how to maintain my weight...and that will start mid-February when I transition from the weight loss phase to the transition and maintenance phase of my diet/lifestyle program.

2. I want to be more organized in all areas of my life. I want to be more organized at home. I want to constantly keep the apartment clean. Instead of letting it get gross and disgusting...and then doing a mass cleaning, I want to keep on top of it every single day. I also want to be more organized at work...I want to not let things pile up. So, I am looking for 2008 to be the year of organization.
Things are getting to where they need to be. I spent a lot of time on my bedroom at home. I cleaned it...I organized my closet and actually put things away. Also, my roomie and I did a cleaning of the whole apartment. Now, what we NEED to do is keep doing it. We tend to get into the pattern of cleaning and then not doing it again for weeks until it desperately looks like it needs to be done again. Not good enough. I think I am going to make a cleaning schedule and hopefully roomie and I can figure out who is going to do what...on a more often basis. Work...still needs organizing, but I am getting there. I figure...organize home first, then work.

3. I want to be more active with my church this year. They have been really wonderful this year. My mom loved church and so being there is a really nice way to be close to her. I want to get involved in more things...and become more connected to the church, other than through my mom.
I have committed to going to church every week for the next 6 weeks of Lent. Plus, I have been bringing things in for the dinners and what not. And, I signed up to help two other people in church with the communion breakfast in April. So, I am slowly looking to become more involved. I think I might also find a way to help with the Sunday School events...even if it is just watching the little ones in the daycare section. I am going to look for opportunities to get involved...and say yes when asked.

4. I want to expand my wardrobe. I want to buy some more clothes...but within a budget. I plan on buying a new item or so every time I get paid. It would be nice to not be still wearing clothes I was wearing in high school.
I have done much better at this than I expected. I am horrible at spending money on myself. I went out and bought a BUNCH of stuff from Old Navy and Target during their after Christmas sales. I got a bunch of clothes for very little money. It's one of the benefits of losing weight...and feeling good about your appearance...because I am now more willing to spend money on myself and something that will make me look good.

5. I want to continue saving money. I want to start a Christmas savings account so that the holiday spending doesn't always seem like such a pinch. I also want to save for another trip to Florida...possibly going with some friends, etc. And, I also want to take another look at my monthly budget...making sure I am saving all the $$$ I can.
I did start a Xmas savings fund and I am putting at least $25 a month in it. I don't want to spend all of January paying off Xmas debt like I did this year. I am still putting money into my car insurance savings acct, my car savings acct and my general savings acct. I am also thinking of starting a dental savings acct since I always need some work done...yadda yadda yadda. I do pretty well at saving money...I just want to make sure it is a constant, automatic thing each and every month.

So...there are my goals for 2008...so far...and an update on how I am doing. Honestly, I think I am doing pretty well. I need to think if there are other goals I would like to accomplish this year as well.

Labels: , , , , ,