Saturday, January 26, 2008

I think I can, I think I can....

Hi all...I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend....at least, so far.

What have I done today? Well...I got up at about 7:30am (which is completely sleeping in for me), had breakfast, watched a little bit of a movie and then got dressed and got ready to head out for my run of the day.

As I said yesterday....I planned on jogging from my apartment to my dad's place today. I headed out at about 9:45am. It was cold this morning, but not too cold. It was in the high 20s. It felt pretty gosh darn cold when I started, but after about 10 minutes or so, I warmed right up. Anyways....so, how did it go? Well...I warmed my legs up with a walk for about 5 or 10 minutes and then started jogging. I decided to just keep going as long as I could. I ended up running for 33 minutes. Holy Bejesus...I didn't think I had that in me. I thought I could run 10 minutes...maybe a little more. I kept making deals with myself...run 10 minutes...okay, now run til the end of the street....now run until the circle in town...now run until I get to the hospital. I stopped a half mile from my dad's house so I would have time to cool down, etc. I ended up running about 2.5 miles...so obviously it wasn't a super fast run, but who cares...it was a run!

I feel so good about getting it accomplished. I'll be honest...when I started out on the run, I was nervous...I was afraid. I have never been a runner, so I wasn't sure I could do it. And now..I know that this race in March can happen. I went to google maps and figured out different routes I can take to add distance to the run time...until I get up to a nice 5 miles.

Whoo hoo. Running is something I CAN do now and that's awesome. I am really looking forward to next Saturday and doing it all again.

Enjoy your Saturday night y'all.

Labels: ,