Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mmm....peanut butter frosting!

I signed up to bring a bunch of things to church dinner next month...they need fixin's for a ham dinner and also a bunch of pies and cakes. My mom used to make those things all the time. She was great at them. I can make a cake, but don't have the flare that my mom did. One of the many things she taught me to make was a scrummdiddlyumptious peanut butter frosting to put on top of a cake. I always find it surprising that you can't buy peanut butter frosting in the store. I wonder why that is...you can buy almost any other type of frosting. Hmm...anyone have an answer for that? I am learning how to make lots of different things that my mom used to make and peanut butter frosting is just one of them.

Oh well, doesn't matter because I can make a killer, sweet, fluffy peanut butter frosting because well, my mommy taught me. And it's easy too! So easy, that I know you can make it too.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Items You Will Need:
Measuring Cups,
Hamilton Beach® Mixer



Directions:

Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Add the milk and mix again. Now add the sugar in slowly and continue to beat it with a hand mixer until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.

My mom bought me a hand mixer years ago and I never used it. Something like an Eclectrics® Mixer. They are so nice because it doesn't make a huge mess and you have a lot more control. My mom had a huge mixer contraption, but I like the hand held ones better. Plus, with a Hamilton Beach® Mixer, you don't have to find all this space on your kitchen counter. I can remember my mom lugging her mixer in and out of the kitchen when she went to make something, but not with this. I am so glad I have one...and plan on using it this winter to make mom's famous fudge too.

It's so simple...and some of the best frosting I have ever had. I made it last year and put it on top of a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It's the first cake I made by myself since my mom died....and let me tell you, it was a huge success. My mom would have been proud.




Labels: , , ,