Friday, November 23, 2007

I survived Thanksgiving!

Hello. How was everyone's Thanksgiving??? Mine was really good. My dad and I went to Massachusetts and spent the holiday with his side of the family. The meal was held at my cousin's house. The meal was cooked by her husband...and it was delish. They have 2 little twin girls who are 6. They are adorable. I haven't seen my cousin in maybe 10 years, so I got to meet them for the first time. It was a really nice time...and it was nice to be around family in the larger context. My mom would have loved to be there...and spend time with that side of the family. I am hopeful we will continue to do that in the future Turkey Day celebrations.

And...in terms of my diet, I stayed on plan and didn't shovel it in. I brought some mashed cauliflower with me, plus there were some of the best green beans I have ever had. I didn't eat the dessert....and took a nice long walk after dinner. It was a drive to get there and get back home...but well worth it.

So, are you out shopping today? Not me. I am working..we get Thursday off, but not the Friday after. And, I kind of like it that way. I don't want to get up at 4am and be out shopping...and fighting with other customers. Not worth it, nope.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend....and being reminded of what they are thankful for.

Hugs,

Labels: , ,