Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hi everyone!

Today is a good and a sad day for me. Today would have been my mom's 61st birthday. I have been thinking about her a lot lately...which is what makes it a good day. You know, I was one of the luckiest people on the planet. Not many people got the parents I did. My mom was one of the most amazing women in the world...she was so giving and gracious...and given all of her health problems, she didn't let it beat her. She was one of the happiest people I knew. She always looked for the positive and the silver lining in everything.

And of course it is sad because I wanted more time. I wanted my mom to grow old and grey...and I wanted my nephew to continue to know and love her. I miss her all the time. For the most part, my days are really good...and thinking about her and talking about her is really good. She is the core of who I am as a person...she taught me how to live in the world.

I miss her.

Hugs to all. And...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there. Enjoy your time with your family and loved ones. I know I plan to.

Labels: , ,