Thursday, August 23, 2007

time for some new digs!

So, in the last year or so...I have really been waffling between wanting to buy a new computer and not wanting to. Well, that's a lie...I have always thought I wanted a new computer, I just didn't want to spend the money right now.

I am starting to REALLY lean towards getting a new one. I like my old one, it's nice...it plays well with others, but it's starting to show its age. It has a small hard drive (20 GB) and not enough memory...so sometimes that becomes a problem. And it has never played media well.

So...I am seriously looking at a laptop. I have always had a desktop, but if I am going to buy a new computer, it is definitely going to be a laptop. One, they can go anywhere...and two, I could use it for presentations and stuff like that, for work. Plus..one of the main attractions, I can use the laptop while lounging on the couch watching TV...which is flippin' sweet. And now...they are truly affordable. I was looking at one...which I am pretty sure I am going to buy...and it was $600...and that comes with a dual processor and a huge hard drive...and a DVD burner, etc. I can remember when laptops were around the $2000.

I emailed my brother the specs...and he said it looked pretty good. So, I am going to call the peeps....and if they will give me Windows XP on the computer instead of Vista (don't like Vista...haven't heard good things about it)...I am going to order it. I get paid 3 times this month, so if any time seems perfect...this is it.

Soon...I am going to be wifi crazy all over the place. *winks*

P.S. I am still going to keep my old computer...and keep it networked into my system, but it will mainly become the backup computer instead of the "I use it everyday" computer.

Labels: ,