Friday, August 17, 2007

my heart is broken just a little...

I woke up this morning and was watching the local news...and heard about the news story of 3 of the rescue workers in Utah were killed trying to get to those 6 miners. There is an article about it here.

As of right now, 6 people have been injured and 3 were killed when a second cave fell in during the rescue effort. I feel for the families and friends of the 6 miners who are still in there...and that rescue efforts have been halted because of the new tragedy. I feel for the families of the 3 people who have died trying to save the lives of the 6 inside. There is some kind of hero...someone who knowingly puts their life on the line in order to save someone else's life. That takes so much strength and guts. I respect those people so so much.

We don't know if the miners in there are still alive...and if anyone can safely get to them...and get to them in time.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those involved.

Labels: