Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Roxxxxxxannnne!!!

No, I am not talking about the movie..I'm talking about the song Roxanne from The Police. I just got home from the fireworks show at our local park. They have a cover bands play all evening until it gets dark and then the show begins. They play everything from Springsteen to Mellencamp to the Eagles. And of course, at one point in the night they sang, "Roxxxxxaaaaannnnneeeee" by The Police. I don't know why, I just love this song. Actually, I do know why. It's one of those songs that I always want to sing along with at the top of my lungs. If it comes on the radio, I make sure all my windows are up and I hollar along with the tunes. And pssst...that is one of 28 songs on the new Police CD chuck full of greatest hits. And yes, I own it. I play it often. I have one of the discs at home and one of them in my car, for easy listening tunes. I'd say that I burned it my computer to listen to at work as well, but the CD cover reminds me that copying is punishable under federal law, so I won't say that. Oh, and the CD insert with all the songs and what not, on the other side...there is this cool vintage poster of the band. I haven't decided where I might hang that up yet.

Anyways...nothing like crooning to Roxanne...even by a cheesy cover band at a 4th of July Fireworks party.





Labels: , ,