Friday, June 29, 2007

Let there be light!

I wish I owned my own house...I really do. I hate that I am locked into my apartment and can't change ANYTHING without written permission from my landlord. I understand why it works that way. The landlord doesn't want to take the risk of the next tenant hating the changes I made to the apartment. My last apartment allowed you to change things and paint, etc...and let me tell you, the horrible paint job when I moved in was ghastly. It was like "Trading Spaces Gone Bad."

If I could change my apartment, I would definitely change the lighting. I would change the overhead lighting to something much more pretty. We have this little dome things that are nice for light and what not, but not the prettiest in the world. And I know some people hate them, but I would consider putting in a ceiling fan. I think they are often pretty and functional. It would be nice to have something in the apartment to keep the air moving around.

And since I was searching around the site a little...looking for things that my apartment will never let me do, I thought I would see if there was anything there that I wouldn't need my landlord's permission to do. I found some fine art lamps on the site. Most of them aren't my taste or within my budget, but this one is just beautiful. It's a smidge pricey, but well...isn't pretty always!!

Labels: ,