Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #34


Thirteen Things Shelley Would Like to Do/Get Done This Summer


Since today is the official first day of summer...I thought I would post a TT of my plans/things I would like to do this summer. It's a laundry list of sorts.

1. I mentioned this before, but I want to get a bike on the road...and use it as my main mode of transportation. One, I would be active...and two, save on that ever so expensive gas.
2. I want to be proactive in being outside more. Even if it is just going for a walk during work and when I get out of work. I want to spend more time outside of these lovely walls.
3. I want to make more plans for my weekends. I tend to do a lot of relaxing and watching movies, etc. They tend to be really lazy weekends. I don't want that anymore. I want to go to parks, go for walks, go hiking, etc.
4. I want to lose 20 lbs this summer. I am sick of caring around this extra weight that I know I don't need and that I know is holding me back.
5. The last couple of months, I have been pretty motivated while watching VH1's Celebrity Fit Club. I am a much bigger fan of that show than sham shows like The Biggest Loser. So, I am going to adopt the diet by Dr. Ian...and I am going to give the Fat Smash Diet a try. I figure, I like natural foods...and obviously don't mind not eating meat, so I think it might just work like magic.
6. I am also going to start working out like mad again. I plan on starting the Power 90 program again once my roomie starts working nights...which should be the next couple of weeks.
7. I plan on going to the Farmer's Market every Saturday that I can. I can't wait to get all the fresh veggies...and sometimes fruit. I went last week and didn't find anything I really wanted, but soon...all those veggies will be pouring in.
8. I want to hang out with my friends more this summer. I have a great group of friends and we are super supportive of one another, but we don't hang out a lot. So, I want to hang more...even if it is just having dinner or going to a movie or whatever. And hey...maybe I could make a hiking trip (an easy hike) and invite some of those friends along.
9. Speaking of movies...I want to go see a movie or two which is coming out this summer. My roomie and I were talking about going to the drive-in, which I think would be super fun.
10. This summer, I want to look at practical ways of becoming more green. I want to recycle better than I am. I want to look at reducing energy use and cost. I think it's something important and also something that can save me a penny or two down the line.
11. I want to keep the apartment clean this summer...and beyond. I am going to make a cleaning schedule and make sure one room is clean per day. If I keep on top of that, it shouldn't be an issue at all..for the place to be clean. Right now, it's not bad...but it isn't as neat as I would like it. And...my bedroom is a mess, so that needs to be cleaned stat.
12. To keep on the cleaning kick...I want to clean out my car and keep it clean. I tend to clutter up my car like I do everything else in my life. It ends up having a bunch of junk in it...and therefore, have to re-arrange everything if I go shopping or am giving a bunch of friends rides, etc. So...I want to clean my car and keep it clean.
13. And the last thing...it even though I will be working full time through the summer...to have as much fun as possible. I longingly remember those school days of spending the summers just enjoying the time off...and going to the park...or the Great Escape, etc. So...in the free time that I do have, I want to relive those summer off experiences.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,