Friday, May 25, 2007

a yummy breffis!

I had a scrumdiddlyumptious breakfast this morning...by complete accident. I woke up planning on having a little bit of yogurt and a grapefruit. I got up, cut the grapefruit in half and it just didn't look good. The flesh seems all dried up, etc.

So, I had to move on to plan B. I ate all my bananas (I often have yogurt and a banana for breakfast), I didn't make my protein smoothie the night before (I have to make it at night because the Magic Bullet is loud and my roomate is sleepy sleepy)....so, I had to figure out something for breakfast.

I had the yogurt...ingredient number one. So, I put on my thinking cap and then thought of what I could add. I got some frozen raspberries out of the freezer...and put about 8 of them in a little bowl and threw them in the microwave for about 10 seconds. I wanted something else too...not enough for a decent breakfast. Hmm??

My aunt made some awesome granola when she was up a few weeks ago. It is made with oatmeal and bunches of nuts and seeds and some dried fruit. It is seriously the best granola I have ever had in my life. So, so good! I decided to put a couple of spoonfuls of the granola in with my yogurt and raspberries and mix it all up.

I put the first spoonful in my mouth...and oh lord! Best breakfast ever! It was crunchy and sweet and just plain awesome.

So...I guess I am glad my grapefruit was all nasty this morning...except I am not happy with the fact that I paid $1.29 for said grapefruit and threw it in the garbage! *grumbles*

But my raspberry granola yogurt....flippin' awesome!

Labels: ,