Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Walking Challenge #2

I was already signed up for a walking challenge through work...and now I am in Walking Challenge #2. It's the Women's Health Walking Challenge and it started on Sunday...Mother's Day.

I got the stuff late last week in the mail...and just went through it yesterday. One of the things I got was another pedometer. I had one from the work challenge...which I was wearing, but I didn't really like it. It didn't seem to always be counting my steps. Sometimes it would click away, but sometimes it wouldn't. One day last week...I spent almost the whole day running after my adorable little nephew and it barely showed any steps being registered. So...I had to estimate my steps that day. Anyways...my new pedometer...I have been wearing it all day and it seems to be working much better....aka...counting all my steps.

The challenge is pretty cool...it adds up your steps and you walk a certain route. I am walking the Northeast route. You start in Maine and walk all the way to Georgetown. I don't know if I will make it the whole way, but it would be cool if I could. I am aiming for at least 10,000 steps a day....and now I have a pedometer that works...I might actually make that. whoo hoo!

Labels: , , , ,