Monday, May 07, 2007

thanks y'all....

First off...to all the people who sent warm messages on my last post...thank you from the bottom of my heart. And thanks for the offer...if I need anything. I have learned people say that all the time...and I know they mean it, but in all honesty...I can't think of anything I need that really matters, other than my mom. But, I know that all those people are there if I do need anything...and that is really comforting.

I have had bad times and good times...and "I am in complete denial" times because if I think about it, I might just implode, etc. I completely lost it at church yesterday...I just wasn't ready for that yet. I went to tell my pastor and then to tell some people at church. I wasn't initially planning on staying, but my brother (who is in town from Fl) decided to come too...so, we stayed for the first service and the breakfast afterwards. It was nice...just brutal at the same time. I have never been to church without my mom...not once...til yesterday.

I spent most of the day looking through old pictures with my dad...looking for pics of Mom to put on the memory board for the funeral services. It was nice...and it wasn't too sad because I got to ask questions about her when she was young and have really nice memories of her from when I was little.

The most overwhelming thing...is just how gorgeous my mom was as a young woman. I mean, my mom was always beautiful, but when she was in high school and in her 20s, etc...she was a freakin' knockout. Once I get through this week...I think I am going to scan some of those pics and share them. Share just a small little window of who my mom was....what a great mom...what a wonderful woman.

Once again...thanks to you all...I really appreciate it.

Labels: