Friday, May 25, 2007

the newest thing from PPP!

I have written a million, bajillion times about paid posting with PayPerPost.com. I have been posting with them for a few months now and been really happy with the results. I figure, I get a little bit of money and also get to promote stuff that I think it pretty cool anyways.

Well, PPP has a new feature on their site which is called PPP Direct. What's different about PPP Direct? Well..how PPP generally works is that you sign up your blog, you get ranked and then you can read what blog ads are available to you, etc. You can then take opportunities and write about them. All in all, it's a pretty great system.

It works pretty well from my experience. However, PPP Direct takes it one step farther. My blog for example tends to focus a lot on fitness, weight loss and politics from time to time. Those are the niches that I would most fit into. My blog could really be attractive to a company which sells pedometers or protein shakes, etc. I write about both of those things ALL the time. But, if that company just writes a standard opportunity, I may or may not get that. With PPP Direct, that company can click on the link/badge on my site and request that I write a blog for them, etc. You set a price, they agree. Done deal. Oh and let's not forget that PPP charges the advertisers so much less than other sites...which ends up being more money in our pockets. Sites like ReviewMe.com end up keeping close to 50% of the advertisers money...not PPP...they charge a markup fee of 10%. So, if an advertiser is willing to pay $50...you'll get paid $25 with ReviewMe.com and $45 with PPP Direct. Which one would you choose???

I think this is fabulous and I am definitely getting a badge. I have often seen opps which I know I would fit perfectly for, but one of their criterias I don't meet, etc. (My alexa score is hella high!). So, this company might see my blog and ask me to write a post. I think it's a win win for both the blogger and the advertiser.





Labels: , ,