Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Random dump of how my weekend went...

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday! Here is just a random lowdown on how my long, holiday weekend went.

  • On Saturday I went with my dad to Maine for the day. My dad and mom used to always go sometime over Memorial Day and clean up my grandparents' stone, etc. He has been doing that for years and years. I wanted to make sure he still went, so I offered to go along. It was a really nice trip. It's such a beautiful area up there and the weather couldn't have been nicer. We spent more time in the car than we spent in Maine, but it was still very, very nice. We walked by the house my mom grew up in and then drove by the house my dad grew up in. What's amazing...is the property values up there. There were tons of houses for sale and they were all going for insane amounts. One house had the asking price on it...and it looked like a decently sized 2 or 3 bedroom home...listed for $450,000. That's just insane...absolutely insane.


  • I went over to the local Blockbuster on Sunday...to exchange out some movies. When I went up to the counter to check out...the manager was the one renting me my movies. We ended up talking about the movies I was renting, etc...and it ended up coming up in conversation that I used to work for the rival video store in town. She asked if I was looking for work and said that if I ever am, to apply...because she would love to hire me. That just made me giggle...and got me thinking. I mean, I am so happy I left the video store, but sometimes I miss that extra video store money. So, I don't think I will be applying anytime soon, but I am going to let the thought linger in my head a little bit. Plus, I like the idea of basically getting a job I wasn't looking for...didn't apply for! *giggles*


  • On Memorial Day...I went over to the Saratoga cemetary and brought some flowers to place by my mom's marker. I hadn't gone down since the services, so I knew it was time. Of course...because it is a veteran's cemetary...it was insane there....had to drive around forever to get a parking spot. It was really nice though...tons of people there...and flowers everywhere. I was really glad I went up. Then I went over and spent some time with my dad...we returned some dishes to people that brought food and such. Then...I went grocery shopping and came home.


  • Speaking of grocery shopping....I am a walking hypocrit when it comes to Devil-Mart. I went to Wal-Mart three times this weekend. I went on Saturday night...not to buy anything, but to get a walk in. I spent so much time in the car on the way to Maine and back that the number on my pedometer was just pathetic. ick. So, I wanted a good sized walk, but didn't really want to be outside. So, I went to Wal-Mart and walked and walked and walked. The store is huge, so walking through it a couple of times adds on a lot of steps. Then...I also went back to Wal-Mart on Sunday...for a walk and to buy some stuff. And then on Monday, I desperately needed to go grocery shopping, so I went back to Wal-Mart. I walked throughout the whole store once and then got a cart and got to shopping. Of course, I saw a bajillion people while I was there. I always get busted at Wal-Mart...since I talk a good game about how much I hate the store and what they stand for. But alas...sometimes I can't help loving their low, low prices. I bought all the groceries I needed for the week (which wasn't A LOT, but still) and it only cost $27.00...at Hannaford that would have cost a lot more.


  • I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day...and if you had the day off, that you enjoyed it!
  • Labels: , , , ,