Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And people say he isn't smart!

Anyone who reads me knows...I am a fan of one Mr. Benji Affleck. He's adorable and witty and yeah, a smarty pants. I think, in many ways, he's gotten a horrible reputation in Hollywood and is a much smarter man than people give him credit for.

Over on Huffington, there was article about Benji and some of the comments he made about the Democratic party on the Bill Maher show. Here's a link to the article, check it out.

And yes, Ben did get it right...completely. I am a card-carrying member of the Democratic Party and I couldn't agree more. I support the Democrats and their agendas...I just wish they would stand behind them as wholeheartedly as I do. I find it so frustrating...how sheepish and cowardly the democrats behave. The people voted in the last election...and spoke their minds about the current administration and the war...and placed record numbers of democrats in office.

The democrats get all big and tough and pass a law which funds the war, but with rules and provisions and shockingly, a time table for withdrawl. Bush says he will veto it and he does. So, it gets sent back and instead of the dems truly getting a backbone and sending the bill back...they cave and send a bill they know he will sign. What are they there for...if they aren't willing to send up legislation that they actually believe in?

I support the ideas of the democratic party...but the actual party? not so much. The Republicans are right...we are a bunch of wimps. We behave like scared little abused puppy dogs. Ick.

So, yes...Affleck hit the nail right on the head. He's right...like a million percent. Now thinking Gigli was a good movie to make, he'll never be right about that! *winks*

Labels: , ,