Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Police are coming!!! Watch out!



I am a huge music fan and not only music, but a HUGE classic rock girl. I was in 77 and think that I missed out on a lot a really great music movement. I like bands such as Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Mellencamp, Queen, The Clash, etc.

Another band from that era that I LOVE is The Police. I grew up as a little kid being a fan of Sting and then realizing that Sting was part of the Police long before he was a solo-artist. The music from The Police has really stood the test of time. I was in the car this weekend and "Everything Little Thing She Does is Magic" came on the radio and there I was...driving around...singing along at the tops of my lungs. And don't forget "Roxannnnneeeee" *giggles* Blake, the runner up for this year's American Idol, sang a great cover of 'Roxanne' this season. The Police just made a bunch of really good, fun to hear songs. The Police are coming out with a new album to support their world tour! They are coming out with a new, 2 disc police cd which includes a bunch of their greatest hits. The hits include:

Disc: 1
1. Fallout
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Next to You
4. Roxanne
5. Truth Hits Everybody
6. Hole in My Life
7. So Lonely
8. Message in a Bottle
9. Reggatta de Blanc
10. Bring on the Night
11. Walking on the Moon
12. Don't Stand So Close to Me
13. Driven to Tears
14. Canary in a Coalmine

Disc: 2
1. Do Do Do de da da Da
2. Voices Inside My Head
3. Invisible Sun
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
5. Spirits in the Material World
6. Demolition Man
7. Every Breath You Take
8. Synchronicity I
9. Wrapped Around Your Finger
10. Walking in Your Footsteps
11. Synchronicity II
12. King of Pain
13. Murder by Numbers
14. Tea in the Sahara


Great list of tunes, eh? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this CD. And, I heard that 100 people will be winning this CD. Really? Well...PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME! I would have the police cd in my car all summer and be tooling around to some great, rocking tunes.

You know what I think of every time I think of The Police? I smile and think of a scene from the movie, 'Footloose'...where Ren and Willard are talking about music:


Ren: You like Men At Work?
Willard: what men?
Ren: Men at work.
Willard: well where do they work?
Ren: No, they're a music group.
Willard: well what do they call themselves?
Ren: Oh no! What about the Police?
Willard: What about 'em?
Ren: You ever heard them?
Willard: No, but I seen them.
Ren: Where, in concert?
Willard: No, behind you.

*giggles*

Labels: , ,