Friday, October 20, 2006

all fico'ed out....

It was a tad slow at work this morning...and I was reading some of my financial stuff and realized I hadn't done my fico score in about 6 months. So, I logged on and ordered my fico score.

Just in case you don't know...FICO score is your credit score. It basically showed how good or bad credit you have. It is effected by things like if you pay on time, how much debt you have, how long your credit history is, etc. The score can range from 300 to 850. 300 is very bad and 850 is very, berry, very good.

All in all...the credit report and the credit score cost me 15 bucks. I know I can get my credit report for free, but it does not come with the score and well...the number is important to me. I tend to order my credit score at least 3 times a year...so I can get the number from all 3 of the credit agencies, since they can vary. And...I also am looking to buy a house in the next year or two...so I really wanna know what that score is. It will depend how much of a loan I will be considered for...what my interest rate will be...and what special perks I might or might be eligible for.

I am happy to report that I got my credit score...and my credit report said nothing but good news. I knew that nothing changed...really...since the last time I checked it. But...I did move and that meant I signed up for a bunch of new things and had a lot of nosey people checking my credit, etc. Sometimes that can make your credit dip. I am glad mine did not.

Phew! Good credit rockz!