Wednesday, October 18, 2006

being called out...in a good way!

I am basically going to write a repeat post or something I wrote...maybe a year ago. But well...still true. I was over reading Joy's blog..cause well...she's funny and one of my favorite online people. Her blog entry was about being called out by someone for not answering emails....and it made me giggle..

Why? Because yesterday I was called out for not returning phone calls. And yes, I DO NOT return phone calls....well...at all. I have a friend from college who is basically my favorite person on the planet. No one is cooler or better or more amazing than this chick. I love her with all that I have.

BUT...a few months ago I called her...and then she called me back. And then I didn't call her back...and then she called again...and then I didn't call her back again. And then a month went by...and I continued to feel bad, so that made me not want to call more...and then more time went by...and I felt worse...and then I would think about calling her, but it would be late or not be able to talk or I was overhwelmed with how much of a shmuck I was...so I didn't call...and then I wouldn't call...and then I wouldn't call. I think you are picking up what I am putting down.

So last night...at about 7pm...I picked up the phone, dailed and talked to my great, wonderful...should be ruling the world friend. She gave me a little bit of a hard time...asked if I was okay...and when I said I was...gave me a little bit more of a hard time since I didn't call and nothing was wrong...and then we moved on. We chatted. We talked. We laughed. We joked about my inability to pick up the phone...and laughed more.

I adore her...even if I don't call her back. She knows this...which makes me adore her more.

And yes...I hate the phone. I take that back. I hate making phone calls. I don't mind you calling me...I will talk with you for hours, but I hate making phone calls. I always imagine you are doing something really important when I am calling...driving in insane traffic...feeding the kid...having sex...working out...thinking about how hot McDreamy is? I don't know...but I always imagine it is world ending important. Ick. Ugh. Hate it...and then when I don't call you back...then I feel bad and then I hate calling you even more. I have issues people...ISSUES!

I know...I need to get over myself. Someday...I just might!