Tuesday, October 17, 2006

random thoughts...

I was thinking about something today...about weight loss during that fun TOM period of the month. I have said and have heard people say that they maintained or gained during a week...because of their TOM, etc.

In many ways...I don't buy that...for me. I have rarely...if ever...had a problem losing weight during my TOM...IF...I was on program.

The only time I have maintained or gained during that time of the month...is not because of TOM by itself. I either ate more comfort food...like feeling bad and crampy...and eating more chocolate or ordering a pizza. Or not feeling at my best and therefore not working out as intense...or missing workouts altogether. So...it isn't TOM that has hurt me...it's the food that I have been putting in my mouth or the exercise I am avoiding.

And the whole water weight this...it's really a moot point for me because I drink so much water that it basically takes care of it.

Now having said that...I am only talking about my own experience. For the most part, I have a really easy time during my TOM. I don't suffer like many other women I know...so, for them...it may be a much more difficult week, especially if you are dieting, etc. I used to have a friend in college...that basically couldn't get out of bed for about 3 days during that time...and I really felt for her. I might not feel 100%, but basically...I feel the same.

That's my TOM confession for the day...so feel free to call me on it...if I use it as an excuse some week or month about my lackluster loss or my *gulp* gain!