Friday, October 20, 2006

running late and my new anger at the whole Foley thing...

Aurgh...I alarm did not go off this morning. I ended up waking about about 7:35am...and then running around like a crazy person getting ready and then running out the door. I didn't get my lunch...I didn't get to have my breakfast and green tea while watching the news. *grumbles* It looks like the power slightly went off sometime in the night. I was going to wake up my roommate...but I wasn't sure. I feel bad. See...some clocks were off and some weren't...and so I don't know if her alarm was effected or not. Sometimes she gets up at 6:30am...and sometimes she gets up at 8:30am. See my dilemma. I feel bad.

And now for my Foley anger of the day. I saw this article yesterday and just didn't get a chance to response to it. It's an article with a response from the priest that Foley has named as the person who molested him as a child. Foley reports that it happened in the 60s and he would have been about 13 years old or so.

OK...I will respond line by line with the things I am mad about in this article. Damn Priests!

The Rev. Anthony Mercieca, 72, described several encounters that he said Foley might perceive as sexually inappropriate, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. They include massaging Foley while the boy was naked, skinny-dipping together at a secluded lake in Lake Worth and being nude in the same room on overnight trips.


Might have perceived as inappropriate? Really? Seriously?? So it is just Foley's perception that makes massaging a 13 year old inappropriate? It's not actually doing it...it's how Foley saw it. Oh, ok. And skinny dipping on a secluded lake...you can see how Foley might have perceived that as inappropriate. Or being nude and staying in the same room on overnight trips...looking back you can see how someone might take a glance and see it as inappropriate.

Now...it is perceived inappropriate...at all. IT IS INAPPROPRIATE! And it isn't inappropriate looking back, it was inappropriate when you didn't evil scumbag priest...and you knew it!

Mercieca said there was one night when he was in a drug-induced stupor and there was an incident but he couldn't clearly remember, the newspaper reported.


So...he doesn't remember every having sex with Foley. Umm...but he has evenings that he shared with him that he was so out of it that he can remember nothing. The tone of the comment is..."so, I don't remember having sex with him, but yeah it might have happened...you know...when I was drunk and high." Well...you do remember spending evening alone and nakes with a boy. You do remember massaging a young boy in the nude. And umm...we all know you had sex with him and I would guess countless others. That priest should be arrested...NOW!

Mercieca said there was one night when he was in a drug-induced stupor and there was an incident but he couldn't clearly remember, the newspaper reported.


Umm...ditto my above comments. His actions he saw as innocent. That is what angers me even more. He admits to doing all these things to Foley and isn't even remotely apologetic about it. He says...we were great friends...and it was innocent at the time. No...it was not. He knows that and if he doesn't...shame on him and the church for having that person lead them in faith.

Mercieca said although Foley plans to "expose him to the world," he still has "great memories of our trips," the newspaper reported.

"I wish him well," Mercieca said. "Let bygones be bygones."


Foley plans to expose him to the world? Umm..I believe that Mercieca was the one who exposed himself. And the fact that Foley kept his secret for 40 years...grr! And the most angering comment of this whole article..."Let bygones be bygones." He inappropriately touched a child...and more than likely had sex with him...and his last comment is "bygones." Steam literally came out of my ears when I heard that.

And my last anger...this man was not brought in....has not been charged yet...is not in a jail holding cell. Why? He should be. Yes...he has all the rights in the world to a trial, but we as a people also have a right to have people held to account.

Anyways...enough anger about bad priests and Foley...at least for a Friday morning.