Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cheating on Lent in my Dreams

This year...like I've done many years in the past...at least the last 5 years, I've given up pizza and candy for Lent. It initially started as a good additional to whatever weight loss strategy I had going on and now it is basically just for tradition.

What's been interesting...is that not only once, but twice I've had dreams about the food I've given up for Lent. Actually, they were both about candy. First one, I ended up eating a mini candy bar...and didn't think twice about it. Then, I realized it was candy and I was giving it up for Lent...and immediately felt so horrible and plagued with guilt. I woke up with a phew feeling...knowing it was only a dream and I am not a big ol' Lent cheater.

Then last week...I had the "I cheated on Lent" dream take two. This time, I dreamt that I was hanging out in the living room...and suddenly candy was everywhere. There was a weird Christmas tree like tree in the living room and it was almost toppled over...filled with so much candy. I started eating the candy...piece after piece after piece. I can remember being so full of candy, I thought I was gonna burst.

I woke up...and just shook my head. Another candy dream. Sheesh.

I think that's a sign that it's a good thing that I gave up the candy for Lent. If not, I might be a bit of trouble...and probably a little heavier. Snickers. (pun intended)