Thursday, February 04, 2010

Happy Jeudi Gras!

I know. You are thinking...huh? What?

Our county is having a fitness competition...stealing the popularity of Biggest Loser, we are having our own Biggest Loser competition. (BTW...thought this last week's episode of Biggest Loser was beyond ridiculous and well...dangerous, but that's a story for another day).

People can make teams of up to 4 people...and they weigh-in weekly. The team with the highest percentage body weight lost...they win...not sure what they win, but they win. And, we are also competing with a neighboring county. So, collectively...we want our county workers to be able to lose more weight than that county.

I'm not on a team...in reality, I only have about 10-15 lbs I want to lose, so I wouldn't really much of a help to a team winning anything. Plus, people have to weigh-in at work...and write it down. I love my co-workers, but not enough for them to know what number comes up when Shelley steps on a scale.

Our office does have a team though...3 of the men in our office have a team. They were all talking about it yesterday. I had a family conference and had doughnuts left over. So, I put the doughnuts out for people to munch on. All the members of our BL team...munched away.

Their first weigh-in is on Friday. So, we laughed and said that in the next couple days they need to fatten themselves up...you know...to help along the first weigh-in. We were kidding...until we got serious.

Today is officially...Fat Thursday or as the french would say Jeudi Gras! One of the women at work...made a yummy cake. There will be lots and lots of goodies to eat before the boys embark on 2 months of losing weight...and trying to kill the competition with their killer numbers.

Now, if that's not hilarious....I don't know what is.

P.S. As a gender study...it's also hilarious to me watching the men all talk about how they are going to lose weight...and what their goals are. I'm so used to women constantly talking about it. I told one co-worker yesterday...that he's totally turning into a girl.