Saturday, January 23, 2010

yawns....

I actually slept in this morning. I didn't set my alarm...and when I woke up, it was 9am. Yep, I am that old that sleeping in...means 9am. On most days...Monday through Friday, I am either up at 4:30am or 6am...Saturday...no definite time and Sundays I have to be up to be at church at 8:30am.

So yeah...I might be a morning person.

Yesterday, I went to this little Red Sox event. It's called the Red Sox Road Trip. They basically go around and go to all different states in Red Sox Nation. Of course, they don't come to New York...but they did go to Vermont. They were at the mall in Rutland. It was worth the hour drive.

Highlights of the event:

1) This kid was walking around the mall and came upon the Red Sox event. Kid was wearing a Yankees shirt. As he turned the corner and saw hundreds of Red Sox fans, he nonchalantly zipped up his hoodie to cover his Yankee shirt. I literally laughed out loud.

2) I got a coupon to buy two more Red Sox tickets...I know, I know...like I need more. But of course, I always need more. I can buy them before they officially go on sale.

3) Wally was there. He's a mascot for the kids...but he's still all kinds of adorable. Word on the street is that I fist bumped him when he walked by. Cannot confirm or deny. Wally then...walked into the Sprint store and looked at phones. Hey...mascots need a cell phone plan too.

4) I got to hang out with the World Series trophies again. I touched the 2004 one when no one was looking...and also got to oogle a guy's world series ring. If I could have, I would have distracted him and totally stole it. I want that bling!

5) While in Vermont, I bought a couple of things. Who can go to the mall and not buy things? I bought a Paul Pierce Celtic t-shirt. I figure...I don't have any Celtics shirts and my fav current basketball player is Pierce, so seemed like a good choice. Also bought a pair of warm, comfy Red Sox pajama pants. P.S. Vermont does not have sales tax on their clothing...which is of course, awesomesauce!