Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random Update...

Hey peeps...yep, I just said peeps. Here are some random things and thoughts going on in Shelley's world. Enjoy.

Flippin' Cold!

It's freezing this morning. When I wake up, I usually watch the local news from 6ish until 7am. The local weather guy was going over the cold temps...and when he got to where I live, he said it is -11 degrees. That's right NEGATIVE ELEVEN. Holy batcave! I am not sure it felt that cold, but when I was out cleaning off the frost on my car...I had the moment where you breath in and feel anything that is in your nose immediately freeze. Flippin' friggin' cold. So, stay warm if you can.

Laptop Dreams

I was playing with my laptop last night. Overall, I am very happy with it. The DVD drive was acting kind of slow and not always reading the disc, but I think it just needed to be cleaned, so I bought one of those thing-a-ma-bobbers that cleaned the head and it seems to be working much better. I am going to watch it though because my computer is under a one year warrantee, so if there is an issue...I want to make sure to get it checked out and fixed before that one year is up. My roomie is looking to buy a laptop. I can't say I blame her...they are SO convenient. The one thing I wish you could do...is be able to take home the one you want to buy for a weekend and just check it out. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a store that also worked as a laptop rental
and you could test out the computer you wanted to buy? I know they sometimes do it with cars....some places will let you take the car home for the weekend and see if it is something you really want.

Weight Loss Pics

A couple of weeks back, someone mentioned...I think it might have been Sharon...about seeing some weight loss pics since I have dropped 60+ lbs. I thought about it...and I have never been one who has been comfortable putting pictures of myself on the world wide web. I think I have only put one pic of myself on here...and it's a pic of me and my mom, so I was willing to do that in memory of her. But, I don't like the idea of my mug being all over this place.

So, if you know me...and wanna see any pics, email me and I would be glad to send any along. I think that's the best way to work this, mkay?

Alright, I think that's it for a random update on a Tuesday morning. Enjoy the day...and bundle up!

Labels: , , ,