Sunday, September 09, 2007

JDRF Diabetes Walk: Sun Sept 9th! Help a great cause!

Hi everyone! I am late getting this message out, but I hope that it isn't too late to get some donations for this year's walk. I am walking in the local JDRF Walk. JDRF raises money and awareness about juvenile diabetes. I walked last year for my mom since she wouldn't have been able to walk the 5K all by herself.

My battled with diabetes for the majority of her life. I know she would still be here if she didn't have the disease. Sometimes it just doesn't seem real that she won't be there on the sidelines at the finish with me this year...and that breaks my heart, but it also confirms why walks like this NEED to happen. So, this year, I am walking for her again, but in a completely different way. Diabetes is something that affects so many lives...so many families. Please take a moment and donate anything you can...a dime, a million dollars...it doesn't matter.

Thanks...I'll be thinking of you all and your support this year when I walking around Crandall Park. And hey, if you are local...come on out and join me! The more...the better!

Here is a pic of mom and me...at last year's walk:



Much love,

Labels: , , , ,