Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What are you going to be for Halloween?

Starcostumes.com is having a Halloween costume contest where they would want to know your favorite or most unique costume that you would wear to a celebrity event. You take a pic, draw the idea or send in a video of your most outrageous costume to their site. Check out more about their contest over at Star Costume's blog. It got me thinking...what was my favorite costume growing up?

I used to love love love dressing up for Halloween. I would spend months before Halloween planning what I was going to be. My mom used to make our costumes when we were little. One year, my brother and I were both dice...and we would say to people with such excitement, "WE ARE A PAIR OF DIE!" I know...we were dorks, we might still be dorks.

Once I got to high school, I basically switched back and forth between being 2 things....either a witch or a hippie. To this day, my favorite costume is the hippie. It was easy and just seemed too cool for words. I had long straight hair (it's curly now...who knows why?)...so the hippie look was really easy to do. I would braid little sections of my hair, wear John Lennon glasses, my tye dyed t-shirt, bell bottoms and constantly be giving people the peace sign all day long.

It looked a lot like this:





So...what do you think? Would I win if I entered this idea into the contest? Probably not. I mean...a hippie isn't the most unique thing ever, but I still think it's a pretty cool contest.


Labels: , ,