Tuesday, September 04, 2007

how was your day off?

Did anyone do anything fun on their labor day? Me, not really. I didn't go to bed until really late the night before (which isn't usual for me), but I still couldn't sleep in...so I was up at 7:30am and just tired all day long. I hung out at the apartment...watched some movies...and then headed over to my dad's to hang out for the afternoon. He's been renovating the walls in his bedroom, so I saw his progress and helped just a smidge (there isn't a lot I can do)...and then he mowed the lawn and I cleaned out the litter box. It's a gross job, but since the cat is mine and all...I always feel like it is my responsibility to do that job.

And then I got home...watched some tv and went to bed early. I just didn't feel good for most of yesterday...I had a stomach and a headache almost all day long. I wanted to stay home from work today, but since it was a long weekend...I didn't. I almost did on a couple occasions while I was getting ready for work though. It's nothing contagious though...it's mainly my girlie time of the mouth punching me in the stomach...literally.

So, how did everyone spend their Labor Day? Anything fun???

Oh...it wasn't on Labor Day, but on Saturday my dad and I went to my aunt and uncle's lake/summer house. It was fun. We went for a nice walk along their quaint little private beach area...and got to walk along the area that used to be covered in water, but now it is all dried up because the lake is coming down. It was pretty cool...til it got muddy and then it was less cool. We had a nice dinner and then hung around the fire for a while...until it was time to head home. It was a nice time. I am so happy my aunt and uncle have the summer house because without it, we probably wouldn't see them all that often...and instead we get to see them at least once a month, if not more...during the spring/summer/fall months.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Labels: ,