Friday, August 24, 2007

I bought it...and can't wait to get it!

I ordered my new computer...I thought about it, had my brother check it out, thought about it some more...and then I decided enough thinking and I called Dell.

I called Dell because I was hell bent that I wanted Windows XP on my computer instead of Vista. Vista just hasn't been out long enough for the bugs to be worked out, plus...I don't really know all the ins and out of it...and I am very comfortable with XP.

So, I called Dell and asked about XP...and the nice woman stated that I could get XP, so I went ahead and ordered it. I got a Dell Inspiron 1501. It's one of their lower level laptops, but it works exactly for what I want. I upgraded a few different things...and got it super cheap, for just a smidge over $600.

It's got a dual processor...a cd/dvd burner...120 GB hard drive...1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz Memory. I am pretty happy with the price and the bells and whistles I was able to add. It won't be the snazziest computer ever made, but well...it will be just right for me.

And for the price...I feel like I am getting a steal!

Labels: ,