Monday, June 04, 2007

Weigh-In: June 4, 2007

Hey everybody...I haven't done a weekly weigh-in/pudge report in a few weeks. I started thinking a lot more about fitness since completing the Relay for Life, so I am definitely going to make sure that my focus is where it needs to be.

First let's get to the business at hand...the numbers. I weighed in this morning and the scale said:

This week's loss: 2 lbs.
Total loss: 4 lbs.

So, it isn't earth shattering, but I will take it. I just want the scale to slowly move in the right direction. I am hopeful that that trend will continue.

Finishing the Relay for Life really taught me a couple of things. I had written a few weeks back that even though I am heavier than I have been in a while, I still feel healthy. This event really confirmed that for me...cause I was able to walk and walk and walk. I am proud of my cardio endurance...yes I know, I am talking about walking here, but walking approximately 30 miles. And I was also happy that it didn't kill my feet. My feet hurt the next morning, but once I rested them and got back up, they really felt okay.

I am also really looking forward to my roommate starting the night shift portion of her job. She is currently in training, which is during the day...but soon she will be working the midshift. I'm not excited because I won't see her...well kind of...I am excited because I can start my Power 90 workouts again. I love those...they kick my ass, but I love them none the less. I also know that I get really focused when I do those workouts. I haven't really been able to do them since I moved in with my roomie because I just don't feel comfy doing those kind of workouts in front of people (unless it is a mass workout class and we are all sweating and dying).

Speaking of mass working out...I haven't gone to the Y in over a month...maybe closer to 2. I think I am going to cancel my membership, especially since I can workout so much more at home now. And if I want to go on one day, I can always buy a day pass. It just doesn't make sense for me to keep paying if I am not going to use it. This saddens me some, but it also saddens me to see a service I am paying for and not using.

My goals this week:

1. Keep drinking 100 oz. of water a day.
2. Walk at least 10,000 steps each day.
3. Plan out all my meals in the morning...knowing what I am going to have for dinner each night.
4. No eating out.
5. Go to the Y and cancel the account.

Alright, that's about all that I have fitness related right now. I guess it means...back to work for Shelley.

Labels: , , , , , , ,