Friday, June 01, 2007

Relay for Life

Hey everyone....I hate the idea of asking people for money, but this is a good cause...so I am going to. My roommate asked me a LONG time ago if I wanted to join her Relay for Life team and I gladly said yes...and since that date, I have done NOTHING to raise any money. I just kept thinking that the date was so far away, etc....but now...the event is a little over 2 weeks away and I still haven't raised a penny.

Relay for Life is closer to my heart than my lacking of fundraising shows. My grandmother died of bone cancer when I was a little, little girl...I think I was about 5 years old. I remember her...but not like I would if she had lived a long, long life. I can remember her always having a smile on her face, but also being tired and brittle, as the cancer progressed.

And my aunt also had cancer a few years back...her's was skin cancer. She had to have surgery on her leg and her forehead to remove the effected area. Luckily, her's did not spread and she made a full and complete recovery.

I think that research is paramount when it comes to cancer...and that with continued and aggressive research, there might be a day when we talk about curing instead of treating the disease.

So...if you feel so inclined, please feel free to log onto my Relay for Life page and donate to the walk I will be doing in June. My family and I would really greatly appreciate it.

Labels: , , ,