Friday, June 15, 2007

anniversary overview

I was going to write a TT yesterday about 13 things I love about my dad, but well...the day got away from me. I'll write the entry before Sunday, I promise.

We had a really nice day. I went over to his house at about 5pm and we decided to go to Olive Garden. My family is a huge fan of Olive Garden. My dad always gets the same thing every single time he orders. He gets the Lasagna....he's gotten that for as long as I could remember. I decided to get the salad and soup. I love their salad and their minestrone soup is really good. I often get pasta as well, but not this time...I decided to save room for dessert. During the summer months, they have the BEST DESSERT EVER. It's berry sorbet covered with fresh strawberries and blueberries and then topped with some sort of custard. It's just heavenly, so whenever it turns to being summertime...I always get dessert when I go to Olive Garden. My brother called after we went to dinner and he and my dad talked for a few. My parents' anniversary is on Flag Day and so it is always a nice reminder when someone mentions, "Hey today is Flag Day!"

Then we went to Wal-Mart to buy a few things for my dad's trip (he's going out of town on business next week) and then we headed home. We spent a lot of time at dinner talking about mom and things she liked...memories of her. It was nice, but also sad. I miss having her to talk to...tell her about my day....ask her silly questions of advice.

And then I hung out with my dad until about 9pm...just chit chatting. But 9pm is his bedtime...and I had to get home and get myself to bed soon too.

It was really nice...I am glad we didn't let the day go by.

Much love to you mom...miss ya bunches!!!

Labels: , ,