Friday, February 09, 2007

the only subject that anyone is talking about today....

Alright...so I might as well get to talking about what everyone else in the blogosphere is blogging about....

That Anna Nicole Smith died yesterday.

Here is my interesting tidbit about it all. When I am at work...I listen to the radio through a streaming local station. We are in the basement floor of the building, so real radios don't tend to come in well...so the internet is a great way to hear tunes in my office. Anyways...back to Anna-gate. So, on Thursday when I was leaving work...and closing up my computer (a little after 4pm)...I saw on the news ticker on my radio station's site that Anna Nicole had been rushed to the hospital, but that no one knew any more information. Well...I left work, ran a quick errand and was home by a little after 5pm. I opened up the online radio station at home....and the story had already changed from rushed to the hospital to Anna Nicole Smith is dead.

I think it is tragic that someone 39 years old died. I think it is tragic that she was so addicted to drugs that she had no control over her life and turned herself into a walking laughing stock. I think it is tragic that she lost her son...and seemingly never recovered. I think it is tragic that she has a little girl...who know is going to go through a paternity nightmare. I think it is tragic that people may want that baby because of the money she may inherit. But then again...I think that the baby may have more of a shot in the world now because Anna is not going to be her mother, her role model. I know...I am the devil...the woman just died. But well...the truth is the truth.

And now that I have commented on Anna Nicole...I wish everyone a happy friday and a wonderful weekend.

Labels: ,