Friday, February 02, 2007

challenges, challenges....

I updated my 30 Days Challenges over there....and I can proudly say that I completed 30 Days of not eating pizza. I have a hard time with pizza...it's a food that I love...that I tend to overeat...and that I would eat everyday...every meal...if it wouldn't make me big as a house. So..congrats to me!

My next challenge...is a little different. I am challenging myself to blog for 30 Days straight. I was going to do the No Candy or No Soda or something challenge, but I know myself well enough that I usually, always give up candy and pizza for lent...which will happen in February anyways, so I figured I would start a challenge that won't conflict or overlap.

So...for the next 30 Days I plan on blogging at least once each day.

I started thinking about habits the other day...when I was flossing and brushing my teeth for bed. I went to the dentist a little while back...a month and more ago. And...I brush my teeth...cause well, who doesn't? But when my dental hygenist asked if I flossed...I just laughed at her. I haven't flossed in probably 10 years. Well...the hygenist told me how important it was...and gave me some floss on my way out. And now...I am a constant flosser. I wake up in the morning, floss, brush my teeth, use mouthwash. When I get home from work...I often floss, depending on what I ate. And at night, I floss and then brush my teeth before bed.

It's more evidence to how quickly a habit can be formed...now flossing is just part of my routine...when for the past 10 year I couldn't even think of fitting in into my life.

Labels: ,