Thursday, February 01, 2007

payday

Today is my lovely payday...and of course...like clockwork I woke up and immediately went to the computer to log the paycheck and then pay anything that might be coming up to be paid. I actually enjoy paying bills...no, I don't like giving my money away, but I like the concept of getting them taken care of...and more than anything else...the control aspect is probably what I am attracted to most. I like that I am in control of my finances and whatnot...instead of them being in control of me.

This month...is the first time that I made the double payment of my school loans. It felt nice to pay that much in one given month to my loans...and when I made the payment...the computer sent me a message, "You are paying over 2X the amount you owe monthly...are you sure you want to do this? Do you want it to extend your payments or pay more principle?" I love that it wanted to be sure I wanted to pay that much...banks, I tell ya! And my answer...more principle please!!!

I am so anxious for the day that my school loans are actually paid off...it would be wonderful to no longer have that burden. Don't get me wrong...I am so grateful for my education and I think it was well worth the cost, but I also don't want to be paying it back forever. (and my original loan payback schedule basically had me doing that...it would have me paying my school loans back until I was I was FIFTY THREE years old...how ridiculous is that?)

Alright...enough about my finances and the sad high I get for paying my bills!

Labels: